- The 5G era is coming soon -
High-speed, high-capacity, low-latency communications, multiple simultaneous connections... We hear a lot about the features of 5G. When it actually becomes available, it is expected to bring about major innovations to society.
New projects are being considered every day in the tourism sector, and different types of services are just around the corner.
In preparation for the future, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government will hold a "5G Image Demonstration Experience" to provide tourism experiences of the New Normal Era.
we will carry out a demonstration experiment of mountain stream fishing in Okutama remotely from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, making use of 5G technology. Thank you for your cooperation.
September 22 (Wed) - 26 (Sun), 2021 Place:
1F Japanese Prefectural Tourism Promotion Corner,
Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building No.1 Target: Those who live in Tokyo.
Flow from registration
to the actual experience
Reserve your spot using the application form.
After you complete your registration online, a reservation number and 2D code will be sent to your registered email address. Please keep it in a safe place.
Show the receptionist the reservation number and 2D code sent to you.
12 years and older
Take a survey
- ・Only those who live in Tokyo can participate.
- ・This 5G Demonstration Experience may be cancelled due to the spread of COVID-19.
- ・Please be aware that the schedule may be changed or cancelled for various reasons.
- ・In case of rescheduling or cancellation of the experience, those who have already signed up will be notified individually, and information will also be posted on this website.
- ・In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we will take your temperature before you participate.
- ・On the day of the 5G Demonstration Experience, participation may be refused based on the "Countermeasures to Combat COVID-19 Infection at the venue" posted on the website.
- ・Registrations are accepted on a first-come first-served basis, and participation may not be accepted if the number of participants exceeds the capacity.
- ・Each participant is limited to one session.
- ・There is a limited number of parking spaces available, so please use public transportation.
- ・Please note that the age limit for participants is 12 years old and older.
- ・We are here to help make the experience safe for people with disabilities. Please fill out the registration form or contact the office below if necessary.
Infection at the 5G Demonstration Experience Venue
Please note that those who fall under the following categories will not be allowed to participate.
- ・Those who live outside Tokyo.
- ・Those with a fever (37.5°C or higher) at home or at the time of admission,or those who continue to have fever.
- ・Those experiencing a sore throat, headache, joint pain, trouble breathing, breathlessness,
cough, diarrhea, conjunctivitis symptoms, trouble tasting, taste disorder, etc.
- ・Those who have been diagnosed as positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- ・Those who have had close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 (including
notification via the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application COCOA or the Tokyo version of the
COVID-19 monitoring service (Tokyo service)) within the past 14 days.
- ・Those awaiting the results of PCR test or antigen test for COVID-19.
- ・Those who have a family member living together or a close acquaintance who is suspected to be infected.
- ・Those who have not passed 14 days since entering Japan from a country / region where the government has immigration restrictions, or who have close contact with residents of the country concerned.
＝Request for Smart Phone Owners＝
- Please either install the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application COCOA (*) or read the 2D code of the new Tokyo version of the COVID-19 monitoring service (Tokyo service) installed at the venue.
- *Supported OS versions are iOS 13.5 or newer for iPhone devices and Android 6.0 or newer for Android devices.
- ■COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application COCOA.
- ・Click here for iPhone
- ・Click here for Android
- ■Tokyo version of the COVID-19 monitoring service. (Tokyo service):
- ・The temperature and health status of staff members will be checked prior to work every day.
- ・Any staff member who is confirmed to have a fever or illness beforehand will not be allowed to come to work.
- ・Staff members will wear masks.
- ・Staff members will thoroughly disinfect their hands.
5G is the next generation mobile communication system that will enables communication 100 times faster than the current system. Through Internet, no one is left behind, no matter where they are, and they can access a variety of services such as health care and education online. With the use of 5G, the realization of such a dream society is possible.
TeleAngler, a remote/virtual fishing system using real haptics technology, allows you to recreate the realism of fishing anywhere, anytime. With the remote fishing system, you can remotely feel the vibration of your fishing gear and
the sensation of a fish pulling on your line when fishing in real time without having to actually go fishing. This system makes it possible for people to actually eat the fish they catch and for those with physical weaknesses or
handicaps to overcome these adversities and enjoy fishing.
*Real Haptics Technology: Technology that remotely transmits and reproduces the gentle and flexible movements created by humans.
*Please understand that you will not be able to eat the fish you catch in the experience, and the fish will not be delivered to your home, etc.
The town of Okutama, located in the northwesternmost corner of Tokyo, is popular as Tokyo's backyard. Most of it is separated by mountains, and the Tama River runs through the center of the town from west to east. Okutama was selected as one of the 100 most scenic places in Japan at the beginning of the Showa Era (1926-1989) when the beautiful Okutama Valley, located upstream of the Tama River, was recommended for the designation. Okutama is a town that values water and greenery and features a rich harmony between people and nature. The traditions and lifestyle of the mountain village culture are still preserved, and it is said to be a treasure trove of local folk entertainment.