This website has an English page to share information about Tokyo with foreigners and help them understand our efforts. Click on "English" located at the top right corner of the page to view our English site.
■Personal Information Protection Policy
■Rights and Links
1. The copyright of each piece of information (text, photos, illustrations, etc.) on this site belongs to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs. However, some images, etc., are copyrighted by the
2. Except in cases such as "reproduction for personal use" or "quotation" as permitted by copyright law, unauthorized reproduction or usage is not allowed.
As a general rule, linking to this website, both commercially and non-commercially, are permitted. However, please refrain from setting up links that any of the following applies or may possibly apply:
1. Links that have a libelous or defamatory nature, or that intentionally damage the reputation or credibility of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, private companies, groups, organizations, or individuals.
2. Links that infringe or that may infringe trademarks, copyrights, other intellectual property rights, assets, rights to privacy, rights to the usage of one's likeness, or other rights owned by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, private companies, groups, organizations, or individuals.
3. Links that place the website within a frame or otherwise can cause misunderstandings among third-party visitors by rendering the contents in such a way that it is unclear that the contents belong to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
4. Any links aside from the above that violate or may violate any laws, rules, regulations, public order and morality, or that obstruct or may obstruct the administration of this website.
5. Links that make unauthorized use of logos, marks, etc. owned by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
6. Links with a form that misrepresents the source of information.
Please understand the URL of this website may be changed without prior notice. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall accept no responsibility for compensation, claims, or complaints pertaining to any links.
No.1 Recommended environment
The following browsers are recommended for the safest and most pleasant experience using this website:
1. Microsoft Internet Explorer, latest version
2. Google Chrome, latest version
3. Mozilla Firefox, latest version
4. Safari[macOS/iOS], latest version
5. Microsoft Edge, latest version
No.2. Technology used
It is possible for the user to decline cookies controlling browser settings.
Disabling cookies in this way will not hinder the use of this website in any major way.
Refer to your browser's help files or browser manufacturer for information on these browser settings.
This website uses SSL encryption on a portion of its services to improve its security level. To use the relevant services, a browser that supports 256-bit SSL encryption is required. The use of such a browser will automatically encrypt data that the user inputs, sends, and receives, such as the user’s name, address, phone number, and other personal information. In the unlikely event that any transmission of this data is intercepted by a third party, there is no fear that the transmission’s contents will be stolen. Additionally, the use of a firewall may prevent some users from accessing this website.
No.3 Information system security
This website will protect its information assets from threats, for the purpose of preserving the trust of its users and fulfilling its social mission as the website of a governmental institution.
1. As a means of maintaining the safety and accuracy of this site’s information assets, appropriate safety measures have been taken to prevent improper data access, and the destruction, alteration, loss, and leakage of this data.
2. The information assets on this site are handled in strict accordance with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s basic policy on information security, laws, ordinances, and other standards.
3. Should the processing of information assets be entrusted to an external party, this processing work will take place under the appropriate supervision of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
4. Mechanisms will be established for the continued improvement of this information security policy, one of the aims of this website.
There is no guarantee of the completeness or accuracy of any information provided on this website. This information may be changed without notice or warning.
The administrators and owners of this website accept absolutely no responsibility for any damage that may occur directly or indirectly due to the use of the information or content on this website.
The following activities are prohibited in the use of this website:
1. Any activity that hinders or creates obstructions to the operation of this website.
2. Any activity that causes or may cause inconvenience, loss, or violations of privacy to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, the users of this website, or other third parties.
3. Any activity that violates or may violate public order and morality.
4. Any activity that violates a law, ordinance, or regulation.
5. Any other activity deemed inappropriate by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
No.3 Applicable laws and court of jurisdiction
Interpretation and application of this Site Policy and all use of this website shall adhere to the laws of Japan unless otherwise specified.
All disputes arising in connection with the use of this website shall be subject in the first instance to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.